The Castle of Bodrum, Turkey

The Castle of Bodrum is a well organised and fully restored fortified building, which was built in 1402 by the knights of St. John of Rhodes. It is separated in five towers : the French Tower, the Italian, German, English and the tower of snake. It depended from the nationality and origin of contributed knights. There was a church inside and a series of cannons. The knights were originated from France, Italy, Spain, England, Germany and Provence and Auvergne. The castle remained in The knights' domination until 1522, when Suleiman the Magnificent attacked against them and conquered it. From 1962 and then it houses the museum of underwater archaelogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment